The Association for Gender Research in Norway is a member-based organisation that aims to:
- make visible the influence and meaning of gender in education and science, culture and society
- create meeting places for different approaches of women and gender research
- build networks for academic discussion in order to promote cooperation between established gender researchers, researchers outside the established gender centres and networks, students, the women’s movement and other interested parties.
- promote cooperation between national and international research on women and gender
- to work for better economic conditions for gender research